Awaken the Feminine Mystic Within.
Mystic (noun) A person who has a direct experience of the sacred, unmediated by conventional religious rituals or intermediaries, transcending established belief systems, bypassing the intellect, and dissolving identification with the separate (ego) self.
For millennia, there have been wise and sacred feminine voices that have been relegated to the shadows of seemingly ordinary life in favor of the voices of their masculine counterparts. Governance of political offices, cultural institutions, and traditional religious structures has been utterly dominated and completely enforced to ascribe to patriarchal values. But in the fertile darkness of the shadows, countless feminine mystics have been studying, observing, meditating, contemplating, and writing about the mysteries of life and the great love they have for the Divine, the Beloved, God.
Using author Mirabai Starr’s book, “Wild Mercy: Living the Fierce and Tender Wisdom of Women Mystics”, as a guide, just 12 of us will will get to meet dozens of these sacred feminine mystics—both ancient and modern—including Kuan Yin, Tara, Sophia, Mother Mary, Mirabai, Saint Teresa of Avila, Kali, Durga, Our Lady of Guadalupe, Gaia, Hildegard of Bingen, Rabia Basrit, Gangali, Mary Magdalene and many, many others. Together, we will deepen into their wisdom and learn from their teachings in order to marry our humanness with the holiness of the Divine and cultivate our own contemplative nature.
“This book is more than a book. It is an invitation. We are making a flying carpet here to carry us through our lives as contemporary mystics masquerading as ordinary people—people who hear the call both to turn inward and to step up, to cultivate a contemplative life and to offer the fruits in service. Thanks to an array of wise and wild women and a few goddesses, the way is flooded in light, even—perhaps especially—when our eyes perceive it as dark.”
~Mirabai Starr, Wild Mercy
Together We Will…
- Meet, discuss, and learn from the wisdom of dozens of modern and ancient mystics from around the world.
- Explore myriad spiritual topics through the lens of these feminine mystics including understanding contemplative practices, caring for Mother Earth, embodying our sexuality, creativity and the arts, and the art of community building.
- Deepen into a new spiritual practice weekly in community as a circle, including:
- Developing a 30-day contemplative practice
- Honoring Sabbath
- Writing as a way to connect with and listen to the Divine
- Exploring and practicing Oneness
- Art as an offering to the Divine Feminine
- Reconciliation & Forgiveness
- Making a community offering of your gifts
- Maintain a weekly journal to support our deepening practices as well as prompts and invitations from the book.
- Stay connected and share observations and reflections in our private online circle between sessions.
- Take our initiatory rites in our sacred circle of fellow seekers, skeptics, and scamps to move through the world as contemporary mystics.
How to Prepare for Circle/What to Bring
While you will need a copy of Wild Mercy by Mirabai Starr, this is not a book club. This is a small, immersive, experiential circle using a book as a framework for our time together. With that, please review the following for how to prepare and what to bring to circle.
- Purchase a copy of Wild Mercy: Living the Fierce and Tender Wisdom of the Women Mystics by Mirabai Starr:
- Have a journal and your favorite pen.
- We will use the Circle Sanctum Facilitation Model for our weekly sessions.
- Prepare a home altar with a small totem or figure of the Feminine Mystic and a candle, as well as any other sacred objects that you feel drawn to contribute during our 12 weeks together.
- While live attendance is not required, it is strongly encouraged.
- 12 weeks, 12 humans.
- Starts April 13, 2022:
- April 13, 20, 27, May 4, 11, 18, 25, June 1, 8, 15, 22, 29
- We meet from 5pm PT/8pm ET to 6:30 PT/9:30 ET (90 minutes)
- Wild Mercy will be our guide to help us have a direct experience of the sacred.
- Please read a chapter a week and commit yourself to practicing the weekly deepening practices and any other invitations or prompts.
We offer three levels of enrollment to meet the financial needs of our community members. Use the coupon code next to your chosen level to receive that price when completing your enrollment.